These are my upcoming training courses and workshops
Online AND In-Studio
YAP Specialist Yoga Teacher (Sport) Accreditation
January - September 2022 (5 weekends)
Learn to teach athletes effectively and safely - aimed at yoga teachers, but also personal trainers, soft tissue workers, physios, pilates teachers etc with an interest in yoga. Five weekends January 2022 through to September 2022. YAP Specialist Teacher Training (Sport) accreditation.Chester (2.5hr train from London and easy road access). Click above or scroll for details below.
Teacher-Only YAP approved FurtherTraining
Practical functional anatomy, teaching to avoid injury, & dealing with the injuries people already have. Practical, hands-on, lots of Q&A, and all the anatomy you really need as a yoga teacher! 60 hour YAP Further Training course over three weekends October, November & December 2023. Chester (2h.5r train from London and easy road access). click above or scroll for details below.
Whilst you are here.... get a feel for me and my teaching (my published articles)
And about me...
ONLINE AND IN-STUDIO
YAP 80 HOUR SPECIALIST TEACHER (SPORT) ACCREDITATION
A 5 weekend course where you will learn to work safely, confidently & successfully with athletes!
COMMENCING JANUARY 2022 TO SEPTEMBER 2022
In-Studio Chester & Online
The only YAP accredited Specialst Teacher (Sport) course!
Including new modules - Psychology of Working with Athletes, and Mindfulness & Mindflow for Athletes & Performance.
- Teach safely, confidently and successfully with athletes & in sport.
- Learn to assess & understand the movement restrictions / dysfunctions of an individual or group.
- Sequence & adjust confidently knowing that you are doing the absolute best for the group you are working with.
- Teach confidently using both flexibility & stability to create good movement patterns.
- Mindfluness & Mindflow for athletes and performance.
- Create positive professional working relations & results with athletes & medical / conditioning staff.
- RYT200 (or equivalent) yoga teachers
- Pilates teachers, personal trainers, strength & conditioning coaches, physiotherapists, soft tissue therapists or equivalent.
- Early Bird £1,149 (save £150) to 30th Nov 2021
- Full Price £1,299
- Payment Plan (4 payments through to June 2022)
“Sarah’s enthusiasm for what she does is infectious. I come away from every session feeling inspired, wanting to learn more & keen to pass on my knowledge for the benefit of others. For anyone with an interest in Yoga for Sport, this course is a must.”
Sheila McVitty Registered Yoga Teacher, Everton Football Club
”Sarah’s vast knowledge, expertise & experience in the area are very evident. I was able to take the principles & techniques learned on the course & implement them into my daily sessions with players from day one.”
Robert Fox, Academy Srength & Conditioning Coach, Stoke City FC
Practical functional anatomy, teaching to avoid injury & dealing with the injuries people already have
A 60 hour 3 weekend course. Yoga Alliance Professionals Further Training accredited.
January, February & March 2023
Based Chester (easy road access & 2.5 hour train from London)
- Forget the fancy stuff, this is the functional anatomy you really, really need as a yoga teacher.
- Understand what we mean by good movement - what is appropriate flexibility, normal stability - and how you can assess them!
- Learn what is OK in how we move, and what is not OK.
- Understand the common yoga-injury list and how to teach to avoid injuring others.
- Learn about the common injuries people have and standard rehab, and how you can help
- Plus the actually helpful fancy stuff! How fascia changes our approach to flexibiltiy; breath and stability; tensegrity not rigidity.
- Practical, lots of hands-on, lots of Q&A, and lots of fun.You will be a better teacher!
- Yoga teachers
- Personal trainers, pilates teachers and other movement teachers
Download course details and booking form - coming soon!
Location, travel & accommodation details
Course Policy Documents
"Fantastic and inspirational course which took my teaching AND learning to a new level of understanding. The detail is incredible, providing vital knowledge about anatomy and how the body works...If you're interested in becoming a better Yoga teacher this course is fantastic! "
Wil Hesketh, Registered Yoga Teacher
"Hugely recommended! This course takes your training and understanding of the body, its movements, restrictions, injuries and how to assist someone to the next level. The course gives you more confidence to question what is happening with an individual and how to help them."
Nicola Offord, Registered Yoga Teacher
OM Yoga Show October 16 - 18th, London
The workshop you’ll love to hate!
A brief look at the most common yoga-injuries and how to practise and teach to avoid them.
Come with your questions and experiences! For yogis and teachers who thrive on questioning and doing it better! Sarah has taught at Manchester City and Manchester United for over 10 years, and trains yoga teachers in how our amazing functional anatomy can be helped (and made worse!) through yoga.
Full details and booking click here